Monday, August 11, 2008

We left the house a family of 2 and returned home a family of of 3

I had gone into the hospital May 28th for a non-stress test. Luckily, the nurse told me that Dr. LaChance was "on-call" that day, so if I really played it up by saying that I was uncomfortable, not sleeping, etc. I could probably convince her to induce me. Sure enough a mere hour later she told me she had called the birthing center but that they were full at the moment and so she sent me home with the intention of calling me as soon as a spot opened up. 
My mom had already arrived in town so she started on my hair to waste time.  With newly colored and cut hair and a couple hours passing, we finally got the call to go into the hospital. There was only one problem...Josh had just left to go play golf. :) Fortunately he had recently joined the 21st century and finally had a cell phone of his own so I called him to come home with the news that we were being induced! This picture is one of my favorites! Taken by my mom, we had our bags packed and were on our way to the hospital!
 

No comments:

The Early Days